This is the web log of David, Megan, and family. We live in a small town outside of Grand Rapids, MI, where I am a pastor, Megan is a wonderful wife, and where together we are the parents of three most excellent sons - Jedidiah, Levi and Josiah, and one most beautiful daughter - Eden. We hope you enjoy.
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Levi Sits!
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
These are so great! You know, you are the one who got the whole Reed family into being bloggers. Allison has now put a movie onto her blog, and I want to know where you get that great music! Do you have to put that together before sending it on to UTube? If so, I'm not sure we have the right computer stuff to do it. Anyway...keep up the good work. We love it!
Good to hear from you. First, before I say anymore… Let’s try to get as much of our extended families together next summer for a picnic or something. We live too close and see each other too seldom.
Here is how I put it all together:
Blog… get it all set up and running.
Music… I rip the music from CD’s using Windows Media Player 10. Free to Microsoft systems (Media Player 11 is out but I like 10) Be sure that in your settings, when you rip music (turns it either into mp3’s or wma) you are ripping it (copying from CD to hard-drive) in such a way that the files are not protected. This is a setting in the options menu somewhere.
Video… I make the video on Windows Movie Maker (supplied on our computer when we got it). The film is digitally downloaded onto my computer from my camcorder. In movie maker I edit it, produce it, add music (only unprotected music files can be added). The final step is to actually author the video – here you can choose between all kind of picture sizes and quality. The bigger the picture and the more the quality the larger file size the finished produce will have. You might produce one really high quality video for home, but there are strictures on file size when it comes to posting these videos to YouTube (10mb or less, and 5 minutes or less).
You Tube: Here, you have to register at YouTube and get a free account. From there, you just follow all of their instructions for posting your produced video. Video embedded in blog: Once you have successfully posted a video to youTube you will see an option under the video to post that video on your blog. Click it. The first time you do this you will again have to go through another setup process. After you go through that process, further postings to your blog is very quick and easy.
Thanks David! I don't have all the software to do the fancy stuff you do, but hey, maybe this could make good future gift ideas. Click on our blog above this comment and from there you can connect to the rest of the family.
3 comments:
These are so great! You know, you are the one who got the whole Reed family into being bloggers. Allison has now put a movie onto her blog, and I want to know where you get that great music! Do you have to put that together before sending it on to UTube? If so, I'm not sure we have the right computer stuff to do it. Anyway...keep up the good work. We love it!
Rebecca,
Good to hear from you. First, before I say anymore… Let’s try to get as much of our extended families together next summer for a picnic or something. We live too close and see each other too seldom.
Here is how I put it all together:
Blog… get it all set up and running.
Music… I rip the music from CD’s using Windows Media Player 10. Free to Microsoft systems (Media Player 11 is out but I like 10) Be sure that in your settings, when you rip music (turns it either into mp3’s or wma) you are ripping it (copying from CD to hard-drive) in such a way that the files are not protected. This is a setting in the options menu somewhere.
Video… I make the video on Windows Movie Maker (supplied on our computer when we got it). The film is digitally downloaded onto my computer from my camcorder. In movie maker I edit it, produce it, add music (only unprotected music files can be added). The final step is to actually author the video – here you can choose between all kind of picture sizes and quality. The bigger the picture and the more the quality the larger file size the finished produce will have. You might produce one really high quality video for home, but there are strictures on file size when it comes to posting these videos to YouTube (10mb or less, and 5 minutes or less).
You Tube: Here, you have to register at YouTube and get a free account. From there, you just follow all of their instructions for posting your produced video.
Video embedded in blog: Once you have successfully posted a video to youTube you will see an option under the video to post that video on your blog. Click it. The first time you do this you will again have to go through another setup process. After you go through that process, further postings to your blog is very quick and easy.
I hope this helped.
Can you give me all of your blog addresses again?
In Our Lord,
David
Thanks David! I don't have all the software to do the fancy stuff you do, but hey, maybe this could make good future gift ideas. Click on our blog above this comment and from there you can connect to the rest of the family.
I love the picnic idea. I totally agree!
Post a Comment