Thursday, May 22, 2008

New Van!!!






Well, we did it today. We traded up. I wish I could say that it was a one for one trade. It wasn't, but it was certainly a great trade and upgrade for the Rufner family.

Jed is grieving over the loss of the old car even as he rejoices with the rest of us over the new! We had a great salesmen (a former pastor), and got a great used vehicle with a great warranty (amazingly the vehicle itself was previously leased by yet another pastor).

Best feature for...
Jed: DVD
Levi: Well, let's just say that now he can see the world around him.
Megan: Room for #5
David: Split temperature control for driver and navigator. Freedom!!!

We love you all. Thanks for your prayers and encouraging us in this exciting, but at time intimidating endeavor.

David, Megan, Jed, Levi, Baby on the Way.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rufner Family,
We couldn't be happier for you. You'll love having the extra space and until #5 arrives, we'll enjoy being able to go places in one vehicle together 

God Bless,
Grandma and Papa Lelm

Rachel said...

Congratulations on the new Toyota Prius. You're the first in the family to go for fuel economy. That's important when your 3rd child is on the way. However, I'm not sure which I like better, the new van..er...i mean Prius, or David's Hot Doug Sausage Superstore t-shirt. It's a toss-up. Love you guys. Megan, the baby bump is adorable. You look great. Can't wait to see you all, can't believe how much the boys have changed, especially Levi.

Anonymous said...

Rachel, Maybe someday I will have the fine opportunity to be the first to take you to Hot Doug's!!! In the immortal words of Hot Doug, "There are no two finer words in the English language than 'Encased Meats', my friend."

David