Sunday, October 26, 2008

October? Not yet.

We are home from our first trip to Genesys. Megan began labor last night at 8pm.  She continued on that stint until around 11pm, got some sleep, and then was back at it again until 4:30.  Real nice (my term, not hers) contractions anywhere from 2-7 minutes apart.

She quit at 4:30 and then I was wide awake thinking about the whole day - preaching included. I made it through the first two services fine with a call home in between in which I essentially heard a patient S.O.S.

I got home in time to get the boys dressed for church, take them over to church, and then take Megan down to Genesys.  Her OBGYN happened to be there for a delivery already and checked her out after she had been monitored for some time.  She progress to 2cm dilation and 50% effaced. Yet, while we were there her contractions died down. So we are home now.

Cliff was quite a friend and teammate in ministry today.  He pinch-preached for me the 11:15 service and then he and Carolyn took the boys to lunch and home for naps.  On top of all of that, his preaching the late service caused Carolyn and him to miss a lunch party for a Pastor Friend over in St. Clare.  We felt poorly about it all, but also very thankful for them.  Rest assured we will be there for them should they announce any pregnancies anytime soon! LOL.

David

No comments: