Monday, December 01, 2008

Thanksgiving '08

Hey friends and family... We had a really great Thanksgiving.  We were blessed to see a whole bunch of family... All of Megan's family came.  (Brandon and I made a great turkey -and all the other offerings from the rest of the family were good of course too.) Mom and Dad Rufner came up with Grandma and Grandpa Schlecht for lunch on Friday.  We played lots of Settlers of Catan - Grrrrrrrrr - Brandon and Kristin Lelm (of Chicago) stole all of the victories there! Ouch.  Oh, then again, I, David, was successful in beating Jed in 'Kids of Catan'!

Here are a bunch of photos we hope you enjoy.

Continue to keep our friend Sharon Symonds in your prayers - for great progress while she is at Mayo in MN. And my buddy Mark Seaman who is still serving in Iraq. 















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was impressed with the slide but it looks like you guys did a fantastic job on that turkey also. It makes me just a little jealous. I can see how great it looks but can only imagine how great it tasted. Can't wait to see you at Christmas.

Love & Peace,
Ron & Sharon

davidrufner said...

Ron,
Thanks for the shout out.

I hope you and Sharon are having a good/improving day.

Megan is keeping me posted on all of the updates and you are in our prayers.
David

Anonymous said...

It was sure nice seeing all the family together. Wish I could be there!!! I know your Mom & Dad really liked being there and I'm sure Kristin & Brandon did also. And I'm not sure who everyone is,but I'm sure they enjoyed seeing Josiah.
Love,
Aunt Cindy